Dawning Decor Studio
- private and public mosaic commissions
- classes for beginner and more advanced mixed media/mosaic students
- Provides teaching in schools on the value and practice of creating art from salvaged materials. Workshops are provided to meet standards of the Ontario schools arts curriculum.
A number of weekends are held at the studio during the summer months where you can learn the art of concrete sculpture for the Canadian climate. It's a messy, but very fun weekend. Wear your old clothes and come armed with ideas for creating fantastic art for the outdoors. The studio is on a farm, just outside Hamilton Ont, amid rolling hills and surrounded by animals and organic farming. The studio boasts facilities for classes indoors and outdoors, an office to cater to corporate retreats/meetings and delightful walks into the Dundas Valley.
Mosaic classes are held at the studio regularly during the fall/winter semesters. Other teaching venues include
- Mohawk College, Hamilton
- Glenhyrst Gallery, Brantford
- Elora Centre for the Arts
- Maplestone Fine Art Mosaic Gallery, Creemore
- Fanshawe College, London ON
- Brantford Arts Block
If you have a group of friends who would like to learn mosaic, they can have any number of classes tailored especially for them, at a time convenient for everyone. All skill levels catered to.
Dawning Decor Studio is is part of the Beyond the Valley Studio Tour in Dundas Ontario, held in May and October each year.
View the work of Heather Vollans, owner of Dawning Decor Studio, at
- Maplestone Fine Art Mosaics Gallery, Creemore ON
- McMaster Innovation Park, Hamilton, Art in the Office Exhibition
and other periodic exhibitions in local galleries
Mosaic commissions, concrete sculpture, classes, visiting artist in schools